Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Updated Guiding Principles

Over the last few weeks I was able to see some great examples of how technology can be used to encourage students to use their creativity to present and share what they know. The only change I would make to my original four guiding principles is the addition of Number 5.

1.Positive Attitude: I need to have a positive attitude about any technology we use in class.
2.Skills: Only use technology when I have a firm grasp of how it works.
3.Safety: Make sure my students use technology in a safe and appropriate manner.
4.Authentic: I need to use technology when it helps students develop critical thinking skills or helps them master one of our core competencies. It has to be tied to the curriculum.
5.Create: Use technology to encourage students to think in a creative manner and produce original work that truly represents what they know.

I hope over the next couple of years to increase my usage of project-based learning, allowing the students to demonstrate what they have learned in an authentic creative manner. I’m going to encourage students to use many of the websites and programs Eric and my fellow classmates have shared over the last seven weeks in projects throughout the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment