Monday, July 5, 2010

I need help!

I feel like last week I missed the boat on embedding videos in the blog. So this week I thought I would shoot a little video and show you how the kitchen renovation is going (we now have walls!), download it and embed it in the blog. Along with that I thought I would ask for your help and create an online survey to choose our paint color (again I have never created an online survey before).
My wife and I are terrible at choosing paint colors. We have redone 4 rooms already and we go through and average of 4 sample colors per room. We wake up in cold sweats during the night, can’t eat and can’t sleep until the paint color is up. If you go down to our basement I have Behr and Sherwin Williams entire color selection in small 250 ml bottles. So watch the video and help me choose our paint color. Cabinets are going to be a light cherry, I don’t think I mention that in the video. Thanks a bunch!



Click here to take survey

6 comments:

  1. Kitchen is looking great so far. I love the idea of the online survey, I think I may just steal it. This could definitely be used in the classroom. You could have kids vote from home or have a computer set up in class and give the kids (ones who have no internet access from home) a few minutes at the beginning/ end of the period. You could poll them on different activities they would like to do or, if you have the flexibility, what unit they want to do next.

    BTW- I voted for the middle color but I like either of the lighter colors. An idea- we have a yellow kitchen but I did a small part o the wall with chalkboard paint. It is a great spot for notes and lists, and my hushand just loves the lists I leave for him on it, haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I voted for the middle color too, but it might just be because I really love plantains......

    Great idea to use the survey! I hope you announce your results once the voting is closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the middle too...but you might want a bold accent color. Don't be afraid to have a professional come in and give suggestions. Most paint stores will send someone out in the hopes that you buy some of their paint. We had a pro come to help match our hallway to our great room and just bought 1 gallon. Of course, we ended up using that in the main bath & used a different color for the hall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want to use the survey too! thanks for the idea -- and i liked sand pearl...what's the verdict??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi guys
    Thanks for your help. With 60% of the vote dried plantain is in the lead! Only a few more hours to get those votes in and then we head to the store. We might start painting tommorow!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I vote for the lower beige color, it's a cooler shade that is soothing. Make's your kitchen happy! And it has a red tone which goes well w/ cherry wood. Good luck w/ the kitchen, been there done that... don't want to ever have to do it again! :-) Ours took a total of almost 1 year from start to finish... we moved walls, windows, and plumbing though!

    ReplyDelete