Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Outlets!!!!




So I said earlier I was a Cheap Yankee and that is mostly true with one exception........Electrical. I can demolish cabinets, put up dry wall, and lay tile. But I think handling 220 volts of electricity is best left to the professionals. I hired an electrician to run wires for the kitchen and I couldn't be happier. The funniest thing is the number of outlets I need to meet code. We've gotten by with two outlets for years. Now there are eleven!!!!!! If I plugged every electrical device I own in I couldn't fill 22 sockets. Its good in one way. My wife wanted to tile the back splash, which I was lukewarm about. Now we don't have to, our back splash is electrical sockets. If you're interested here is a picture of the kitchen on Saturday and then of one today.

4 comments:

  1. I'll do electrical...just not plumbing! I have done a fair amount of remodeling, but thankfully never a kitchen. We moved into our current house last summer, so our big task(s) this year involve landscaping.

    If you count this summer, we have moved 4 of the last 6 years...so I plan on staying put!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the 220 Jeremy. We've spent the last 6 years remodeling our house and are almost half way done. I've done just about all of the 120, but call in reinforcements for the bigger voltages. Kitchen looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I too have moved 4 out the last 6 years. My wife and I finally purchased a house and this should be our last move. (I actually joke around that for our next move, I won't do the moving. It will be our 3 year old son that will be moving me ... to the old folks home.)

    Landscaping is next summer's job for me. Since we just moved in, it's all cosmetic (mostly) jobs inside the house. Thankfully, the only electrical that I've had to do is replace a few light fixtures.

    JYates

    ReplyDelete
  4. The kitchen looks great! My husband is actually out today doing some electrical work with a friend. He's on the job hunt since his teaching job was done away with for next year and a good friend of ours is looking for help with his company - I on the other hand will stay away from electrician work. The downside of being a physics teacher is knowing exactly what those 220V can do to you!

    ReplyDelete