Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Intro

Hello World,
I’m not sure if I should start my first blog post that way as Tiger Woods coined the term in his first press conference. And that hasn’t gone well lately. Hopefully this blog will sail a little smoother…………
Welcome, make yourself at home—just make sure to use a coaster. My name is Jeremy and I’m a teacher at Kingswood Regional High School. I have taught for 9 years (Biology and AP Biology). I am married to the most understanding wife in the world, Christina. We have two beautiful children, a dog named Sydney and a cat named Pumpkin (yes, he is black and white like the name suggests).
Right now I am in my second year of the MSSE program and so far it is going really well. I am taking another course on the Ecology of Plains and Prairies, which make a lot of sense because I live in New Hampshire. In all seriousness I’m looking forward to learning much from both classes but a little nervous about balancing school work and home life.
I picture this blog being mostly focused on my courses when I get back to school in September but as of right now it will be all about one thing: my kitchen renovation. Because I’m a cheap Yankee I have decided to do the majority of the work myself. This blog will chronicle that journey over the next month and a half. Hold on tight it will be an emotional ride. And last but not least if you know of any way to pull up old tile let me know…….That stuff is a beast.

5 comments:

  1. I like you Yankee mentality and the "do it yourself" method! I (along with the help of others) finished our basement a couple of years ago. WOW, what an undertaking! Anyway, enjoyed your bio!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoroughly enjoyed reading your intro...Good Luck with the kitchen!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your kitchen sounds similar to what needs to happen in my basement this summer. Just hope it's a little drier than last summer in our part of the world! Looking forward to more discussions. Always good to talk to fellow New Englanders in the MSSE program.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had my bathroom totally gutted and rebuilt last year, but I had to hire someone to do it. I helped whenever I could, so I guess I put some "sweat equity" into the home. Now I want to do the kitchen, but I am not as skilled as you seem to be. Yours looks great. Looking forward to talking science and tech with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jeremy,
    I also teach AP Bio (and Chemistry) and am looking to network with other AP Bio teachers for sharing lab and teaching ideas. My class also incorporates a science symposium project. I'm always looking for new and innovative teaching ideas.
    Ginger,
    Fairbanks, Alaska

    ReplyDelete